Interdisciplinary Cluster for Cutting Edge Research
- Interdisciplinary Cluster for Cutting Edge Research The Development of a Center of Excellence through Cutting Edge Research and the Integration of Separate Research Fields.
- Institute of Carbon Science and Technology (ICST) For creation of the 21st century carbon innovation.
- Center for Energy and Environmental Science (X-Breed) Research into the next generation of environmental and energy materials through cross-breeding of ideas (X-breed).
- Institute for Fiber Engineering, Shinshu University (IFES) Innovation of fiber and textile presenting advanced material used for various fields.
Institute of Mountain Science (IMS)
Elucidation of environmental change, prevent a disaster and reduce it,
biological diversity through the mountains science.
- Institute for Biomedical Sciences (IBS) Challenging to the world of biomedical science through original interdisciplinary research.
- Global Aqua Innovation Global Aqua Innovation Center for Improving Living Standards and Water-sustainability
- Creation of a Shinshu Water Management Model(Japanese only) More detail about Creation of a Shinshu Water Management Model
- Global Research on the Framework of Evolutionary Solution Search to Accelerate Innovation More detail about Global Research on the Framework of Evolutionary Solution Search to Accelerate Innovation