Delegation from Naresuan University, Thailand visits Shinshu University
- Send to email
A nine-member delegation* from Naresuan University in Thailand paid a visit to Shinshu University on March 28 and 29, 2023.
Shinshu University established a university-level agreement with Naresuan University in 2014, leading to a lively series of initiatives, including the exchange of research students and the creation of internships, as well as joint symposia and research projects. The relationship received a further boost in 2018 with the opening of the Shinshu University Satellite Office at Naresuan University under the direction of Prof. Henmi.
The aim of this visit was to promote the existing relationship with the Faculty of Engineering and to expand the collaboration to include the Faculties of Medicine and Science.
On the first day of the visit, Shinshu University’s President Nakamura welcomed the delegation. Prof. Tanaka from the School of Medicine, International Relations, and Prof. Tatsumi from the Faculty of Science introduced the research activities at their faculties, which led to a lively exchange of ideas. After the President’s reception, the delegation visited the Faculty of Science and the Institute for Biomedical Sciences.
On the second day, the delegation discussed further research projects with the Faculty of Engineering in Nagano city. Prof. Henmi gave a presentation about the long-standing partnership, illustrated with photographs showing many of the events and people concerned. The meeting was also attended by Special Emeritus Prof. Endo, who was awarded an honorary doctorate by Naresuan University in 2015.
The following Research Group Labs were then visited: Abe RGL, Amano-Mizuno-Tagawa RGL, Kataoka RGL and the International Center for Science and Innovation (AICS).
In addition to the academic programs, there was also a sightseeing tour of Matsumoto Castle, which was much enhanced by the cherry blossom.
*Members of the Naresuan University delegation:
- Associate Professor Dr. Sarintip Tantanee, President of Naresuan University
- Associate Professor Dr. Kornkanok Ingkaninan, Vice-President for Research and Innovation Development
- Dr. Yutthapong Tongpob, Assistant to the President for Research and Innovation Development
- Assistant Professor Lieutenant Dr. Saisiri Mirasena, Dean of Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Sutisa Thanoi, Vice-Dean for Research and Graduate studies, Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Sukanya Ross, Assistant to the Dean for Communication and International Affairs, Faculty of Science
- Assistant Professor Dr. Usa Padgate, Assistant to the President for International Affairs
- Associate Professor Dr. Krongkarn Chootip, Dean of Graduate School
- Assistant Professor Dr. Piriya Narukhutrpichai, Dean of Faculty of Medicine
Participating from Shinshu University:
- President Soichiro Nakamura, Ph.D and Prof. Shinichi Yonekura, Ph.D, Vice-President for International Planning and Strategy
- School of Medicine: Professor Naoki Tanaka, M.D., Ph.D (Presenter), Professor Yuji Shiba, M.D., Ph.D (Biomedical Lab tour)
- Faculty of Sciences: Professor Hirosuke Tatsumi, Ph.D (Presenter), Lab tour: Professor Kohki Yoshida, Ph.D (Dean), Professor Dai Tamaki (next Dean), Professor Igor Trushin, Ph.D
- Faculty of Engineering: Professor Yoshihiko Amano, Ph.D (Dean), Special Emeritus Professor Morinobu Endo, Professor Kiyoshi Tanaka, Ph.D (former Vice-President), Professor Toshiro Sato (Council Member), Professor Mizue Kayama, Ph.D (Council Member), Professor Nobuhiko Henmi, Ph.D (Director of International Relations), Professor Toshio Sakai, Ph.D (Vice-Director of International Relations), Associate Professor Makoto Abe, Ph.D, Associate Professor Masakazu Kataoka, Ph.D, Assistant Professor Satomi Tagawa, Ph.D
- Center for Global Education and Collaboration: Senior Assistant Professor Mitsuru Hamano, Ph.D, Assistant Professor Amanda Schuetze (MC)