The Shinshu University Graduate School is unique in that it offers interdisciplinary research courses that capitalize on the overall strengths of the university. Such courses allow students to explore issues such as fundamental philosophy, practical engineering, medicine, and law in order to contribute to the harmonious coexistence of nature and human society.
The vision of the Division of Arts is to facilitate cooperation between the extensive scholastic fields of the various social sciences and interdisciplinary, comprehensive research regarding the essence and structure of culture, its diversity, and universality. Based on this goal, we aim to train advanced professionals who have a broad outlook on culture, earnest and trustworthy research behavior, and a rich sense of humanity.
The Graduate School of Education aims to not only foster talented individuals endowed with creative and highly practical research abilities to become future leaders in the field of education, but also provide various school teachers and educational professionals with remedial educations to enhance their qualities and skills.
- • Division of School Education:Master's Program
- • Division of Teacher Professional Development(Teacher Training School):Professional Degree Program
The Industrial and Social Studies Master's Program aims to foster talented individuals endowed with the ability to solve problems facing our economic system, while the Institute of Innovation Management Program aims to cultivate talented individuals who can profoundly understand the trends in leading technology and its market and carry out organizational reform.
- • Master's Program (Industrial and Social Studies, Institute of Innovation Management)
The Graduate School of Science and Technology aims to not only support creative, scholarly research but also foster innovative researchers and professionals with highly specialized skills and knowledge, who can apply their highly creative abilities to advance science and technology and contribute to the local and international community.
- • Department of Science
- • Department of Engineering
- • Department of Textile Science and Technology
- • Department of Agriculture
- • Department of Biomedical Engineering
The aims of the various programs provided by the Graduate School of Medicine are as follows:
- 1. The goal of the Human Sciences Master's Program is to contribute to society by cultivating diverse and talented individuals and creating a new network of human sciences that link the mind and body.
- 2. The aim of the Medical Sciences Doctoral Program is to conduct medical research that bridges the division between basic and clinical medicines and to thoroughly investigate the mysteries of medical science from the perspective of continuous human welfare and medical development. In addition, the program aims to foster medical researchers who can lead the world in creative/translational research as well as train researchers and highly skilled medical professionals in fields such as transplantation therapy, regenerative medicine, and genetic research.
- 3. The aim of the Institute of Pathogenesis and Disease Prevention Doctoral Program is to pioneer new approaches that focus on the prevention and suppression of diseases, promote health according to the mechanisms of disease, and conduct comprehensive research ranging from the genetic (genome) and individual levels to the societal level.
- 4. The fundamental principle of the Health Sciences Master's Program is to foster highly specialized healthcare professionals who have strong ethics and a rich sense of humanity, an international perspective, and the ability to solve clinical problems based on sophisticated scientific evidence. According to this principle, the program aims to contribute to maintaining health, disease/disability prevention, treatment, and care, in addition to improving the quality of life from a spiritual, physical, and social point of view.
- 5. The Health Sciences Doctoral Program aims to further advance the specialized skills previously acquired during the Health Sciences Master's Program, and cultivate educators, researchers, and highly specialized healthcare professionals with the ability to conduct creative research.
- • Master's Program (Human Sciences)
- • Doctoral Program (Medical Sciences, Institute of Pathogenesis and Disease Prevention)
- • Master's Program (Health Sciences)
- • Doctoral Program (Health Sciences)
[Matsumoto / Nagano (Engineering) / Ina / Ueda Campus]
The Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Technology aims to cultivate researchers and engineers who can apply their highly creative research/development abilities to advance the scientific world through education and research in an effort to contribute to the local and international communities.
- • Doctoral Program (Bioscience and Textile Technology, Mathematics and System Development, Materials Science and Engineering, Mountain and Environmental Sciences, and Bioscience and Food Production Science)
The School of Law aims to continuously examine and improve the quality of legal education and research and realize the following goals:
- 1. To cultivate legal professionals who will serve the rule of law with morality and a rich sense of humanity
- 2. To cultivate legal professionals with advanced expertise and the ability to contribute to the local economy, society, and government
- 3. To cultivate legal professionals who are knowledgeable in economics/administration
- 4. To cultivate legal professionals who have knowledge of the latest trends in science and technology
- • Professional Degree Program (Law)