With consideration for core principles and educational goals of the Graduate School of Science and Technology and the Department of Textile Science and Technology, we seek out persons with the following abilities and ambitions:
- Persons who studied actively in a university or other institution, acquired general cultural and basic academic skills in their specialized fields, and who have high motivation, who can work on their own initiative on fundamental or applied research in the fields of interdisciplinary science and technology that is an integration of various present-day studies
- Persons who strive to become world-leading researchers in the field of science and technology, or who strive to become advanced specialists, who have a sense of purpose and are eager to study, aim to cultivate higher specialist and practical ability to cope with the progress of science and technology
- Persons who are eager to become well-educated and cultivate human nature to contribute to regions or international society
Schedule of Entrance Examination & Student Application Guidelines
Foreign Student Special Selection
If any changes/adjustments in the admission test application guidelines are made in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we will inform you on our website at as needed.
Admission Qualification Screening
※May need admission qualification screening. Please check the Student Application Guidelines（P10）.
- To submit a copy of an original certification document which cannot be reissued (e.g., in the cases of certificates of completion or transcripts of grades which issued only once by the attended school or qualification certificates, etc.), please submit a notarized copy which has been notarized by an official public notary organization such as the attended school or embassy.
- If the certificates or documents to be submitted are written in a language other than English (or Japanese), please attach an "English translation (or Japanese translation) - with notarized proof of translation" which has been notarized by an official public notary organization such as the attended school or embassy.
- in a sealed envelope
How to Seal up
- Name of Desired Advisor / Master's Program Admission Application Form
Before submitting, applicants must contact your desired advisor and obtain his or her approval.
Internet application registration site
※Can Pre-registration start on the internet application registration site from July 7.
Contact Information for Admission
Admission Office, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shinshu University
3-15-1 Tokida, Ueda City, Nagano 386-8567 (Faculty of Textile Science and Technology)
Phone +81-268-21-5304（Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-12:00am,1:00pm-5:00pm）