A special level of support
|Eligible student||Monthly amount|
|Doctoral program (1st stage)||JPY 180,000|
|Students who have been enrolled in the first stage for more than 2 years||JPY 90,000|
|Doctoral program (2nd stage)||JPY 200,000|
|Students who have been enrolled in the second stage for more than 3 years||JPY 100,000|
※Except working adult students, nationally funded international students, long-term students, students taking a leave of absence, and students who are receiving other scholarship funds.
- Subsidization of the cost of traveling to, and participating in, international conferences.Assistance is available only when a program student gives either an oral or a poster presentation at the conference.
- Subsidization of the cost of proofing English-language papers and having them published.Assistance is available for submission to international scholarly journals and of publications.
- Subsidization of travel costs incurred as part of long-term overseas assignments.Assistance is available for internships abroad and the double degree program.
- Subsidization of the cost of long-term corporate internships.Assistance is available to defray the traveling cost for domestic internships; the traveling and the staying costs for the ones in overseas.
- Subsidization of research costs.Assistance is available to defray the cost of independent research for students in the second stage of the doctoral program.
※Assistance through "Programs for Leading Graduate Schools" by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan will be terminated in the FY 2019.
※The amounts of the monthly subsidy is determined yearly based on the interim evaluation.
※Support may be limited due to budgetary constraints.