Change of Residence Status for Continued Job Hunting after Graduation

If an international student, who has graduated from a university as a regular student, wishes to continue job-hunting after graduation, he/she can apply for changing his/her residence status from "College Student" to "Designated Activities" (period of stay=180 days.) Please note that a recommendation from the university he/she graduated is required.

If desired, you can apply for extension of period of stay for further 180 days, allowing a maximum stay of 360 days.

Required documents

Also, a permission to engage in activities other that are permitted (Maximum 28 hours a week) will be given upon application.

(Details: "a permission to engage in activities other than that are permitted," the Immigration Department website)

Non-regular students (auditors, research students, etc.) are excluded as a rule.