By marshaling the University's diverse intellectual and human resources and bringing together first-class textile researchers from Japan and overseas around a core interest in fiber engineering, defined in extremely far-ranging terms as the aggregate of fields with the potential to serve as the basis for advanced technologies, the program seeks to train future leaders of international society. Graduates will be distinguished by their ability to contribute to harmony between economic and environmental priorities, the development and peaceful coexistence of sustainable human societies, and the improvement of social welfare.
As part of the admissions evaluation process, we are looking to accept students who -
1. have a strong interest in the field of textiles and fiber.
2. want to conduct research that will help improve our society.
3. want to develop a broad knowledge of skills across a variety of academic fields.
4. can conduct fundamental research with a view to how it could be commercialized.
5. are great communicators, especially with people from different cultural backgrounds.
The information about applications for the Advanced Leading Graduate Program for the enrollment in April 2019 is now available. Please refer to the following links for more details.
- Department of Textile Science and Technology:
Download Applicant Guidelines and Application Form
- Department of Biomedical Engineering:
Schedule of Entrance Examination/Download Applicant Guidelines and Application Form