|Assistant Professor||NAKAJIMA Takero|
E-mail ： aoyamato(at)shinshu-u.ac.jp
※ Change (at) to @ when you send an e-mail.
This laboratory has examined the physiological, pharmacological, and toxicological roles of PPAR (peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptor) in many kinds of organs and tissues.
This laboratory has also developed the analytical method for sulfatides and examined its relation with specific diseases.
Roles of PPARa activation in the development of HCC with HCV infection
Development of preventive methods against HCC appearance with HCV infection
Roles of PPARa activation in the development of inflammation in kidney abnormalities
Roles of PPARa activation in cholesterol / bile acids metabolism
Roles of PPARa activation in the development of NASH and ASH
Roles of PPARa activation in hepatic triglyceride homeostasis
Roles of PPARa activation in renal triglyceride homeostasis
Roles of PPARa activation in cardiac triglyceride homeostasis
Roles of PPARa activation in testicular cholesterol homeostasis
Roles of sulfatides in coagulation
Roles of sulfatides as oxidative stress scavenger
Roles of sulfatides in sulfur metabolism
1. Nagaya, T., ---, Aoyama, T. (2010) Down-regulation of SREBP-1c is associated with the development of burned-out NASH. J Hepatol. (in press).
2. Okiyama, W., ---, Aoyama, T. (2009) Polyenephosphatidylcholine prevents alcoholic liver disease in PPARa-null mice through attenuation of increases in oxidative stress. J Hepatol. 50: 1236-1246.
3. Tanaka, N., --- , Aoyama T. (2008) PPARa activation is essential for HCV core protein-induced hepatic steatosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. J Clin. Invest. 118: 683-694.
4. Kamijo, Y., --- , Aoyama, T. (2007) PPAR alpha protects proximal tubular cells from acute fatty acid toxicity. J Am Soc Nephrol. 18: 3089-3100.
5. Kamijo, Y., --- , Aoyama, T. (2007) PPARa protects against glomerulonephritis induced by long-term exposure to the plasticizer di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate. J Am Soc Nephrol. 18: 176-188.