What is the URA Office ?
First, URA is an abbreviation for University Research Administrator. The Japanese title is not used, but normally the position is referred to as URA. A concise definition of the role of the URA is "to vitalize the research activities of researchers and to strengthen the management of research and development".
In April 2011 the Research Administration Office was established in the Shinshu University Industrial Liaison Office, which is referred to as the Shinshu University URA Office, which is currently engaged in strengthening liaison within and without the university, and deepening and transforming its activities.
In order to further vitalize the activities of the URA Office and contribute to the development of Shinshu* area and Japan, we would like to deepen the understanding of the work of the URA Office among not only researchers, academics, industry, and government, but also the general public.
*On April 1st, 2014, the Shinshu University Industrial Liaison Office was re-organized as the Shinshu University Industrial Liaison and Social Engagement Organization.
*The old name of Nagano Prefecture.
- - Close liaison with and research into local governments and industry
- - Formulate business plan for industrial liaison center
- - Research
- - Operation of industrial liaison center
- - Management
- - Surveys of central and local government industrial policies
- - Analysis, proposal , and research
- - Reflection in business plan for industrial liaison center
- - Strengthening the operation of the research and industrial liaison center
- - Guidance of young URAs through OJT (on the job training), classroom lectures, and human resource training
- - Improving the level of each business division , and URA education for graduate students
- Common items
- - Support for formulation of strategic research plan for individual researchers, and obtain research funds
- - Liaison with academic affairs manager
- - Collection and use of public offering information, and support for preparation of application forms, plans, and reports
- - Technology transfer (product development, commercialization)
- - Local characteristics, markets, patents
- - Surveys of research trends, and liaison with Public Relations
- - Promotion of international exchange and industrial liaison projects
- Nanomaterial, fiber, and environment manager
- - Determination of reduction in CO2 emission when implemented in society
- - Estimation of natural energy potential
- Bio - and life sciences manager
- - Procedures for clinical research and clinical trials
- - Approval of drugs and medical equipment
- - Compliance with bioethics (including conflict of interest)
- Humanities and sciences fusion manager
- - Formulation of brand strategies
- - Conduct of marketing researches and formulation of business plans
- - Fostering of human resources for local development
- - Survey and analysis of regulations